The company had been teasing the new Giga Press over the last few months. Images and videos were shared on social media showing that it was painted in Tesla’s signature red and white color scheme, leading to speculation this latest machine was for them. The body of the Cybertruck is an exoskeleton unibody shell that has the pickup truck’s cockpit integrated into it. Tesla CEO Elon Musk had already shared this information at the time of the Cybertruck unveiling back in 2019. Since the outer shell of the Cybertruck body is made of 30X cold-rolled stainless steel, a super-large Giga Press was needed to create this unibody with immense pressure. It’s hard to mold a hardened stainless steel sheet to give it a shape or form, therefore we now have the 9,000-ton Giga Press.
Every car manufacturer uses casting and Stamping to make several components that are then attached together to create a frame. Tesla was however the first company to scale this technique up to the point where the entire front and rear quarters of the frame are cast in a single solid piece of aluminum. This makes the car easier to build because it’s now one big chunk of Aluminium instead of a couple dozen little pieces all stuck together. The biggest hurdle was finding a company that would be capable of manufacturing a casting machine on the scale of the Gigapress. The company that was able to take up the challenge was the Idra group. An Italian manufacturer that operates under the parent company IK technology based in Hong Kong. The manufacturing company has now released its latest invention which is a 9,000-ton Giga press. Idra is preparing their 9,000-ton press for an open house being held in early June. The Giga Press will remain on display until June 16, at which time it will likely be disassembled and shipped to Giga Texas.
Thumbnail inspired by The Tesla Space
🔔 Subscribe now with all notifications for more Elon Musk news, SpaceX news, Tesla News & More https://bit.ly/3k8tADc
📺 Watch the entire video for more information!
About Tech Division
🎥 Videos about Elon Musk, Tech, Money, Future, Finance, SpaceX & More
🎨 Written, voiced, and produced by Tech Division
🔔 Subscribe now for the most interesting topics on the cutting edge of technology!
Watch More From Tech Division:
Elon Musk: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzs2Cg7VjKjlg275UBAL5p00tUTJDICIZ
Full Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzs2Cg7VjKjl2-H8k5O3SzYU0wMVEF0Bx
Inspired by Tech Space, Tech Vision, The Tesla Space, Futurity, Elon Musk Rewind, Future Unity & More amazing YT Tech Channels.
💼 Business Inquiries and Contact
• For business inquiries, copyright matters, or other inquiries please contact us at: [email protected]
❓ Copyright Questions
• If you have any copyright questions or issues you can contact us at [email protected]
⚠️ Copyright Disclaimers
• We use images and content by the YouTube Fair Use copyright guidelines
• Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Act states: “Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.”
• This video could contain certain copyrighted video clips, pictures, or photographs that were not specifically authorized to be used by the copyright holder(s), but which we believe in good faith are protected by federal law and the fair use doctrine for one or more of the reasons noted above.
tesla cybertruck,cybertruck tesla,tesla,tesla giga press,tesla cybertruck 2022,tesla news,cybertruck giga press,giga press tesla,cybertruck,giga press,cybertruck news,tesla cybertruck update,cybertruck update,tesla cybertruck news,idra tesla giga press,cybertruck gigapress,tesla gigapress,tesla cybertruck review,cybertruck reveal,tesla gigapress berlin,cybertruck interior,tesla cybertruck 2022 news,tesla truck,tesla cybertruck interior