How Elon Musk’s “Optimus Robot” Could Change Our Lives
– Tesla bot, also known as Optimus, is a conceptual general purpose robotic humanoid under development by Tesla.
– It will stand at 5 feet 8 inches tall and weigh in at 125 lbs. Optimus will come equipped with several cameras, sensors and self-piloting software.
– It was announced at the company’s Artificial Intelligence Day event on August 19, 2021.
– Musk claimed during the event that Tesla would likely build a prototype by 2022 in time for upcoming AI day on September 30.
– According to job advertisements, Tesla is reportedly considering ambitious plans to use thousands of humanoid robots, known as Tesla bot or Optimus within its factories before eventually extending to millions around the globe.
– According to Musk, robots could be used in households to perform tasks like cooking, mowing the yard, assisting to take care of the elderly.
– Elon believes that the robot industry may eventually be worth more than Tesla’s car revenue.
– Tesla will present a prototype from its Project Optimus at its “AI Day” on Sept. 30.
– Tesla already uses hundreds of robots tailored for its specific tasks regarding the production of its cars.
– Musk admitted that humanoid robots lack the intelligence necessary to independently navigate the real world, but he stated that Tesla can use its knowledge of AI and important parts to create and mass-produce intelligent, yet less expensive, humanoid robots at scale.